Powered by Blogger.

Golden Christmas

Hi friends!  I'm popping in with a card using this week's November Week 3 Viva la Verve sketch + inspiration.  As soon as I saw the inspiration picture, I knew I'd have to find some time to play along with the challenge.  Christyne had me at pumpkins.  {grin}  So, I'm recapping this week's sketch and sharing some of my favorite entries from the last week over on the VLV Sketches Blog today.


Anyhow, since my desk is covered with Christmas goodies from the recent release, I decided to trade the pumpkins for poinsettias, using lots of cream on cream and golden accents.  I wanted a really clean, crisp look and you would not believe how many times I had to stop and remind myself of my objective and step away from the paper distresser.  I'm pretty sure I have a distressing problem!  LOL

Anyhow, the card came together really quickly.  I stamped the poinsettia with leaves from Pinecone Christmas in Versamark six times and embossed with gold embossing powder.  Next I cut three of the images out with the coordinating die from Poinsettia Pinecones Die Set.  The other three I cut with the smaller poinsettia die, so I could pop up over the other die cut.  (You get a little bit of the leaves on the border around the poinsettia, but since I was popping it up over the same image and not doing any coloring, I knew it wouldn't be very noticeable.  I loved the effect and it was much easier than cutting the poinsettias by hand.)

Next I die cut 3 circles (embossed with dots) from cream and matted with some gold vellum scraps I had.  The sentiment is also from Pinecone Christmas, embossed in gold and hand cut into a banner.  I layered everything together, added some gold ribbon, jingle bells and 3 shiny flatback pearls to the center of each flower and I was done.  Pretty quick and super elegant.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  On the agenda for today is lots of the boys' favorite new book, Dinosaurumpus and some toddler crafting in the form of no glue paper bag turkeys. Wish me luck!  {grin}

Viva la Verve Nov Week 3
Enabler's List
Stamps: Pinecone Christmas (Verve Stamps)
Paper: cream, gold vellum
Ink: versamark
Accessories: Poinsettia Pinecones Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Classic circles nestabilites (Spellbinders), dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), ribbon, jingle bells, flatback shiny gold pearls (Pizzazz Aplenty)

8 comments

D- said...

I LOVE your GORGEOUS card. I love how you framed up your poinsettia circles with the vellum ones and added the sentiment on a banner. Love the pretty poinsettias.
Have fun with the boys. Enjoy this time and remember that along with the mess of toddler crafts come some wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
God bless you all,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Darlene Gabriel said...

Stunning card. Such a gorgeous cream/gold combo. Beautiful gold vellum. The poinsettias and ribbon with bells add such an elegant touch here.
Enjoy your crafting day with your sweet boys.

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful, Julee!!! Love it!!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous! LOVE cream and gold together - happy sigh.... A very elegant card indeed and love the embossed dots on the circles too. Hmmm, hmmm good :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning! Love the cream and gold and clean design...so elegant!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Julee. I love the cream and gold, the mix of shine with soft textures, and the classy elegance.
Have fun with your no glue crafts!

BMG said...

Very eye catching! That is a card worth framing. Very elegant color combination. I love it!

Nancy said...

I ADORE this card...I will be casing you for sure!!! Stunning Julee! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!