Powered by Blogger.

One Cup Day 5 Blog Hop

Hi friends!  It's time for  Day 5 of our Anni-VERVE-sary spotlights, where we're previewing the stamps and dies that will release this Saturday, August 30. We're giving away a $50 gift code to the Verve store each day to a lucky commenter along the hop, so be sure to give the gals a shout out as you hop along!

I'm the first stop on the hop, so if you're just popping in, settle in for some fun!  :)



Today I have a fun little card and tea bag gift to share with you using the new One Cup set. I knew I wanted to have a tea set to go along with Chaitali's coffee set, so I sat down to illustrate, starting with a sentiment in mind that really inspired me... take life one cup at a time.  I liked the look of the font treatment I chose so much that we decided to use it on Chaitali's One Word series as well.  So fun and flirty, yet classy at the same time.


Anyhow, my card uses this sentiment and one of the mugs and tea bag stamps from One Cup.  I also used the coordinating Cuppa Tea Die Set to cut out the mugs, which I colored with Copics.  I kept the layout simple, so the glittery paper could shine and finished things off with a polka dot bow.

Front side of tea bag holder
For the matching tea bag holder, I followed a video tutorial by Brenda Keenan to make this super easy double sided tea bag holder with a single sheet of 6 x 6 paper.  I sponged ink along all the score lines before folding the holder together, then I created a little embellishment using a frame stamp and coordinating die from tomorrow's featured set and two sentiments and teacup from the One Cup set.  I stamped You, me and a cup of tea on one side and Take life one cup at a time on the other. I  finished things off with a bow up top adorned with some cute little heart embellishments.

Back side of tea bag holder
That's it for me today!  Next up on the hop is... Teresa

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win a $50 gift code to Verve! So be sure to leave a little comment on each blog on the list to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for full set reveals and all the prize info and deadlines!
1. Julee8. Stacey
2. Teresa9. Maureen
3. Chaitali10. Laurie
4. Amber11. Janelle
5. Charmaine12. Christyne
6. Marisa13. Jen
7. Monika {Guest}14. Andrea

Enabler's List - card
Stamps: One Cup (Verve Stamps)
Paper: crumb cake (SU!), cream (Neenah), Lost & Found (MME)
Ink: black archival and walnut stain distress (Ranger), Copic markers
Accessories: Cuppa Tea Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE),  Polka Dot Basics Ribbon Collection (Verve)

Enabler's List - teabag holder
Stamps: One Cup, Small Packages (Verve Stamps)
Paper: crumb cake (SU!), Lost & Found (MME)
Ink: black archival and walnut stain distress (Ranger), Copic markers
Accessories: Cuppa Tea Die Set, Cupcake Frame Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE),  Polka Dot Basics Ribbon Collection (Verve), Metallic Necessities heart embellishments (MME), crop-a-dile, scor-pal

52 comments

Lynn said...

Ahhh...this set makes me happy and your cards are absolutely adorable Julee!

Sue Crease said...

Now this is a great set for us Brits, everything stops for tea don't you know. Great cards.
Sue

Dori Shelton said...

Great set and I love the way you used them here on these wonderful creations!

Lyn said...

Yay for tea drinkers love your card

Karen Day said...

Thanks for looking after the tea lovers out there! Love your sweet set, Julee :o) Great release!

Beth H. said...

Beautiful creations! I love the dimension added by just sponging along the score lines. TFS your creativity!

Annheidel said...

Darling new set! I love the way you packaged a tea bag. Now can you release a hot chocolate set too? :D

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card and tea bag holder. Love the distressed edges and the pretty ribbon treatment. Fantastic stamp set Julee.

JoAnn said...

This is so cute. Love the sentiment.

Kendra Hernandez said...

Oh I love this set!!! Too cute...gonna need! That's cards are fabulous!

Kendra Hernandez said...

*those :)

Anonymous said...

You did good! I drink tea so this is a good set for me.
Love your cards. Putting them in a "frame" is really nice. The colors reflect the theme of tea - darker colors and shading.
thanks for sharing

clelie said...

Love the set and love these cards!

Kathy said...

This set is great. Love the colors.

Iris said...

Love the card and the tea bag holder - so cute.
isoscia at aol dot com

Linsey R said...

OH how super sweet this is Julee! I love the single cup with the little tea bag hanging out. :) SO adorable and perfect for the cooler months ahead! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card and thank you for another outstanding release! Hugs and happy Labor Day weekend!

Anneleise said...

Very nice card. Lovely ribbon.

Marisa said...

You always have the most fabulous mix of fonts, Julee, and these are no exception :) Adore the little tea gift pouch and fabulous colouring of the mugs on both.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Love these so much, and I LOVE tea!!!! Everything about your creations is just super --- color, layout, and the little pouch. How cute is that?????

Colorado Crafter said...

Thank you so much for remembering us tea drinkers! There are coffee related stamps all over the place, but you just can't find many that are tea related. Your card and tea bag holder are gorgeous!!

DIANA L. said...

Gorgeous CARD AND GIFT CARD HOLDER. I LOVE THE PAPERS AND WHAT AN AWESOME STAMP AND DIE SET- You really rocked this post!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Wow! Love the card and tea bag holder. TAZO is one of my favorite brands. Love the papers and colors. Excellent. - Jim

Rubeena I. said...

omg these are fantastic

Becca-expressions said...

I want this set. (I already have a coffee/tea set.) I want this set. (I already have a coffee/tea set.) I want this set. (I already have a coffee/tea set.) I want this set. (I already have a coffee/tea set.)

AAAAACK!

lisa808 said...

Awesome samples. Looks like a ust-have set for a big tea drinker like myself.

Elizabeth S. said...

What a cute card and adorable tea bag gift set!

sharrilou said...

Love this card and stamp set.

Diana Nguyen said...

Love the colors and the sponging!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful projects...the inking around the edges really makes it look great.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful, great technique, stamps and dies.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Sue D said...

Lovely colors!

Rosemary said...

beautiful little gift set!

Unknown said...

Love how you created the window and the color combination!

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards and projects! I love anything coffee or tea so this is right up my alley!

Kris B said...

Your tea bag holder is fabulous! What a wonderful gift idea! The card is gorgeous too!!

Amy C. said...

Cute ideas! I really like the tea bag holder idea.

Vicky said...

What a great idea for a tea bag holder. Like the card too.

Anonymous said...

Such rich gorgeous colors!

Donna Oates said...

Love this new set. Perfect pairing!

loulou said...

Great stamp set. Love your cup stacks and those fantastic sentiments. Great coordinating card and teabag holder.

D- said...

Oh I just LOVE this set. It works perfectly with the tea bag holder. Aren't they fun to make. LOVE your card and holder. Thanks for sharing.
{doing a little catch up. I've been working 11 hr days}
Have a WONDERFUL weekend.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

~amy~ said...

I'm a coffee girl at heart but I love anything caffeinated :) This set is super fun and I adore your projects.

Stacey Schafer said...

love these little treats, Julee!

Unknown said...

Really like the colors and papers on these cards. Looks like another great set!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love the font on this new set and the sweet matching dies. This matching card and tea bag holder duet is gorgeous. Beautiful rich colours. Thanks for including the link to the tutorial you used for the tea bag holder too.

Megan said...

Love this stamp set!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great stamp set and I love those little tea holders!

KFlaherty said...

Absolutely lovely

Sharon said...

So sweet! The tea bag holder is just darling!

JanLM said...

Wow, very nice! Well done. thanks.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so cute!

CherylQuilts said...

Just saw this on SCS and had to visit! I love the card and this adorable teabag holder! Watched the video and now have a great idea for a friend! Thanks, Julee! Hugs!